IdeaMensch is a community supported resource for entrepreneurs from across the world. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life, and a big part of that is by having entrepreneurs share their stories with us via our interviews. We believe that short of doing it yourself, the best way to learn is from other entrepreneurs. Every path is different, but oftentimes our experiences, challenges and opportunities cross paths.
Every day we publish three interviews that feature entrepreneurs from the very famous to the ones just getting started. We always ask the same questions, and we always expect smart and thoughtful answers. We don’t turn down any entrepreneur who wants to do an interview, as long as you put a lot of work into it and provide smart answers and insights to our community.
Once you completed the interview, please submit it here. Please read your submission instructions carefully. The top three reasons of why your interview publish date could be majorly delayed (3 months plus) is because you don’t answer all the questions, submit a picture that is too small or won’t share the email address of the person who did the interview (yup, looking at your PR folks).
All interviews are scheduled in the order come in. For folks who need their interview published faster, we have a $20 expedited publishing option. If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ section.
Here are the questions.
A picture (should be large, at least 1000 pixels in width and 500 pixels in height, ideally with your face towards the right side of image)
Bio: 200-500 words in third person
1. What are you working on right now?
2. Where did the idea for [insert your idea, company, organization] come from?
3. How do you make money? (please explain your business model – please ignore if you’re a nonprofit)
4. What does your typical day look like?
5. How do you bring ideas to life?
6. What’s one trend that really excites you?
7. What was the worst job you ever had and what did you learn from it?
8. If you were to start again, what would you do differently?
9. As an entrepreneur, what is the one thing you do over and over and recommend everyone else do?
10. What is one failure you had as an entrepreneur, and how did you overcome it?
11. What is one business idea that you’re willing to give away to our readers? (this needs to be an actual idea for a business, not business advice)
12. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be and how would you go about it?
13. Tell us something about you that very few people know?
14. What are your three favorite online tools or resources and what do you love about them?
15. What is the one book that you recommend our community should read and why?
16. Three people we should follow on Twitter and why? (please don’t include yourself)
17. When was the last time you laughed out loud? What caused it?
18. Who is your hero?
19. A professional question of your choice?(you ask and answer yourself)
20. A personal question of your choice? (same as above)
Connect: (how can people connect with you via a link to your site, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
Where are you located? City + state (if in U.S.) or city + country (if not in the U.S.)