IdeaMensch is a community-supported resource for entrepreneurs from across the world. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life, and a big part of that is by having entrepreneurs share their stories with us via our interviews. We believe that short of doing it yourself, the best way to learn is from other entrepreneurs. Every path is different, but oftentimes our experiences, challenges, and opportunities cross paths.
Every day we publish interviews that feature entrepreneurs from the very famous to the ones just getting started. We always ask the same questions, and we always expect smart and thoughtful answers. We don’t turn down any entrepreneur who wants to do an interview, as long as you put a lot of work into it and provide smart answers and insights to our community.
Please read our submission instructions carefully. The top reasons why your interview publish date could be delayed (3 months plus) is because you don’t answer all the questions or submit a picture that is too small.
Our goal is to provide a platform for entrepreneurs to share their stories. All interviews are scheduled in the order they come in. If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ section. Oh, one thing, all outgoing links on IdeaMensch are no-follow.
Here are the questions.
- A picture (should be large, at least 1200 pixels in width and 800 pixels in height – must be high res and not stretched to fit the same dimensions)
- Bio: 200-500 words in the third person
- Where are you located? City + state (if in the U.S.) or city + country (if not in the U.S.)
- What is your typical day, and how do you make it productive?
- How do you bring ideas to life?
- What’s one trend that excites you?
- What is one habit that helps you be productive?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- Tell us something you believe that almost nobody agrees with you on.
- What is the one thing you repeatedly do and recommend everyone else do?
- When you feel overwhelmed or unfocused, what do you do?
- What is one strategy that has helped you grow your business or advance in your career? Please explain how.
- What is one failure in your career, how did you overcome it, and what lessons did you take away from it?
- What is one business idea you’re willing to give away to our readers?
- What is one piece of software that helps you be productive? How do you use it?
- What is the best $100 you recently spent? What and why? (personal or professional)
- Do you have a favorite book or podcast (or both) from which you’ve gotten much value, and why?
- What’s a movie or series you recently enjoyed and why?
- Key learnings: Write 3-5 bullet points summarizing the key learnings from your interview. This information should not be written in first-person or be self-congratulatory in any way or shape. What’s the most valuable information gleaned from your interview? These key learnings will go at the bottom of your interview and will be used to promote your interview via social media. Here is a good example of well-written key learnings.
If you know someone who we should interview on IdeaMensch, let us know! Tell us who they are, what they are doing, and their email address. We’ll ask if they want to be part of this community.