IdeaMensch is a community supported resource for entrepreneurs from across the world. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life, and a big part of that is by having entrepreneurs share their stories with us via our interviews. We believe that short of doing it yourself, the best way to learn is from other entrepreneurs. Every path is different, but oftentimes our experiences, challenges, and opportunities cross paths.
Every day we publish interviews that feature entrepreneurs from the very famous to the ones just getting started. We always ask the same questions, and we always expect smart and thoughtful answers. We don’t turn down any entrepreneur who wants to do an interview, as long as you put a lot of work into it and provide smart answers and insights to our community.
Sure to shine the light on many rich stories that will stir us.
I’m inspired any time someone takes a stand and starts bringing their idea to life. IdeaMensch, not only is one of those ideas, but also is sure to shine the light on many rich stories that will stir us, motivate us and ultimately inspire thousands to get started working on their own ideas.
Once you completed the interview, please submit it here. Please read your submission instructions carefully. The top reasons of why your interview publish date could be delayed (3 months plus) is because you don’t answer all the questions or submit a picture that is too small.
Our goal is to provide a platform for entrepreneurs to share their stories. All interviews are scheduled in the order they come in. If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ section.
Please note that in order for us to keep this platform free for people to use, we ask that if you're submitting on behalf of someone else (who is paying you), that you contact us first.
Here are the questions.
- A picture (should be large, at least 1200 pixels in width and 800 pixels in height – must be high res and not stretched to fit the same dimensions)
- Bio: 200-500 words in third person
- Connect: (how can people connect with you via a link to your site, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter - please don't include list to articles as we won't publish those.)
- Where are you located? City + state (if in U.S.) or city + country (if not in the U.S.)
- Where did the idea for (insert name of your company or organization) come from?
- What does your typical day look like and how do you make it productive?
- How do you bring ideas to life?
- What’s one trend that excites you?
- What is one habit of yours that makes you more productive as an entrepreneur?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- Tell us something that’s true that almost nobody agrees with you on.
- As an entrepreneur, what is the one thing you do over and over and recommend everyone else do?
- What is one strategy that has helped you grow your business? Please explain how.
- What is one failure you had as an entrepreneur, and how did you overcome it?
- What is one business idea that you’re willing to give away to our readers? (this should be an actual idea for a business, not business advice)
- What is the best $100 you recently spent? What and why? (personal or professional)
- What is one piece of software or a web service that helps you be productive? How do you use it?
- What is the one book that you recommend our community should read and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Key learnings: Write up 3-5 bullet points summarizing the key learnings from your interview.This information should not be written in first-person, or be self-congratulatory in any way or shape. What’s the most valuable information gleaned from your interview. These key learnings will go at the bottom of your interview and will be used to promote your interview via social media. Here is a good example of well written key learnings.
If you know someone who we should interview on IdeaMensch, let us know! Tell us who they are, what are they doing, and their email address. We'll reach out to see if they want to be part of this community.