Recently I had the pleasure of interviewing Derek Halpern – the guy behind Social Triggers. I actually feel really terrible about not turning it live earlier because this interview is solid gold. Derek Halpern, in my opinion, is one of the smartest online marketers out there online. What impresses me the most is that he’s building an amazing reputation by producing fairly infrequent yet super high quality content. If I was as smart as Derek, I’d be doing the same thing.
Anyways, watch or listen to this 30 minute interview. You are going to be blown away by the insights. Here’s what you’ll learn.
- Social Media is frequently used the wrong way, resulting in being a waste of time for many small business owners
- Why you need to build an email list, and how to do that by producing high value content
- Learn about Halpern headers, maybe the best way to capture email subscribers on your blog
- Why Derek doesn’t provide an incentive to gain email subscribers
- Derek gives an example of how you can get more about one of the most popular pages on your site, which that advice makes watching this video totally worth it by itself
- Derek reveals when and why he sends an email to his list
- His take on autoresponders and sublists.
- Derek talks about his “drafting” strategy which can be easily used for PR and link building
After you watch the video, do me one favor. Go signup to Derek Halpern’s newsletter here. After your enter your name and email, make sure you read the first email he sends you. You’ll love the “interaction strategy” he put into his welcome email.
Mario Schulzke is the Founder of ideamensch, which he started a decade ago to learn from entrepreneurs and give them a platform for their ideas.