Paolo Carlo Tavarelli has always embraced his rebellious nature when it came to his professional journey. The thought of adhering to rigid schedules as a doctor or lawyer never sat well with him, as he craved intellectual stimulation and creative fulfillment beyond the confines of a typical 9-5 job. This innate drive eventually led him to the path of entrepreneurship, where he honed his skills and became the accomplished businessman he is today.
Initially, Paolo embarked on his career with the Ministry of Defence, assuming various leadership roles during the Persian Gulf War operations. As a Lieutenant, he commanded security in the commercial dock of Genoa, overseeing subordinate activities with diligence and control. Subsequently, he explored opportunities in private security and the fitness industry, diversifying his professional pursuits.
In 1998, Paolo Carlo Tavarelli obtained a Business Marketing degree from the Institute of Data & Marketing, equipping him with a solid foundation in entrepreneurship, economic principles, financial expertise, organizational management, and technology. While Italian is his mother tongue, Paolo is also fluent in English and Spanish, with a basic understanding of Serbian. This multilingual proficiency serves as a valuable asset in his business communications. Paolo excels in interpersonal interactions, adept at initiating one-on-one conversations and engaging larger audiences. Additionally, he possesses strong analytical skills and a talent for problem-solving.
Presently, Paolo holds the position of Head of Products at Spencer & Hill, where he has demonstrated a proven track record of driving revenue growth and enhancing brand visibility through content marketing. Prior to this role, he worked his way up to the position of Chief Executive Officer at the Fostrom Foundation, starting as a General Manager. From 2009 to 2016, Paolo co-founded and chaired SKS365 Group GmbH, effectively steering the organization by establishing overarching policies and objectives. Furthermore, since 2011, he has served as Chairman for FederBet Aisbl in Belgium.
Recognized for his enthusiasm, self-direction, optimism, and influential leadership style, Paolo is an exceptional team leader. His innovative problem-solving abilities set him apart from the rest. Paolo Carlo Tavarelli refuses to settle for the status quo, always seeking avenues for improvement. He understands that even the tiniest adjustments can yield significant outcomes. Holding himself to a higher standard, he strives for nothing less than his best work.
What is your typical day, and how do you make it productive?
– Embrace the Power of Morning Rituals: I Start day with intention and purpose by establishing a morning ritual. Whether it’s a few moments of quiet reflection, a energizing workout, or a nourishing breakfast, I dedicate time to set a positive tone for the day ahead. By focusing on self-care and mental clarity, I’ll be equipped to tackle challenges and make each moment count.
– Prioritize and Simplify: To maximize productivity, identify your most important tasks and prioritize them. Simplify your to-do list by focusing on the essential and eliminating distractions. Break down larger tasks into smaller, manageable steps to maintain momentum and avoid feeling overwhelmed. It’s not about doing everything, but about doing the right things with focused determination.
– Find Inspiration in the Everyday: Life is filled with simple pleasures and moments of inspiration. I take a break from the hustle and bustle to appreciate the beauty around you. Whether it’s a walk in nature, a heartfelt conversation with a loved one, or a glimpse of creativity in everyday objects, allow these small wonders to fuel your motivation and infuse your day with positivity.
How do you bring ideas to life?
– Brainstorming and ideation: I foster a creative environment by brainstorming ideas and exploring various possibilities.
– Planning and strategizing: Once I have an idea, I create a detailed plan, outlining the steps required to bring it to fruition.
– Collaborating and seeking feedback: I believe in the power of collaboration, so I involve others in the process and welcome their feedback to refine and improve the idea.
What’s one trend that excites you?
– Influencer marketing: The ability of influencers to authentically connect with their audience and create meaningful partnerships with brands is an exciting trend that opens new avenues for creative marketing strategies.
– Personalization in marketing: The increasing focus on tailoring marketing efforts to individual preferences and needs presents a tremendous opportunity to build deeper connections and provide more valuable experiences to consumers.
– Sustainability in business: The growing awareness and emphasis on sustainability not only aligns with my personal values but also opens up possibilities for innovative and eco-friendly solutions that can make a positive impact on the world.
What is one habit that helps you be productive?
– Continuous learning: I dedicate time each day to learn and acquire new knowledge and skills, enabling me to stay ahead of industry trends and improve my productivity in the long run.
What advice would you give your younger self?
– Embrace failure as a learning opportunity: Don’t be afraid of making mistakes; they are stepping stones to growth and improvement.
– Take risks and step outside your comfort zone: The greatest achievements often come from pushing beyond what is familiar and comfortable.
– Build strong relationships and network: Cultivate genuine connections, seek mentorship, and collaborate with others. Your network can open doors and provide invaluable support throughout your journey.
Tell us something you believe almost nobody agrees with you.
– The importance of offline marketing: While digital marketing dominates the landscape, I firmly believe that well-executed offline marketing strategies can still have a significant impact and help businesses stand out in a crowded online world.
– Diego Maradona is the greatest football player of all time. Many people do agree with me, but many people don’t – those people are wrong.
What is the one thing you repeatedly do and recommend everyone else do?
– Continuous self-improvement: believe in constantly investing in personal growth, whether it’s through reading, attending seminars, talking to new people learning from their experiences, or acquiring new skills. Continuous learning not only enriches our lives but also opens doors to new opportunities and teaches us to see things from different perspectives.
When you feel overwhelmed or unfocused, what do you do?
– take a deep breath and remind yourself that you have the ability to control thoughts and actions right now.
– Reflect on the goals, values, and the bigger picture of why you do what I do.
– Reconnect with your passion and remind yourself of the impact your work can have.
Use this renewed sense of purpose as fuel to overcome challenges and stay focused on what truly matters.
What is one strategy that has helped you grow your business or advance in your career?
Emphasize Continuous Learning: Never stop learning and expanding your knowledge base. Invest in your personal and professional development by seeking out educational resources, attending workshops and seminars, and staying up-to-date with industry trends. Adopting a growth mindset and dedicating yourself to continuous learning allows you to adapt to changing circumstances, innovate, and stand out in a competitive landscape.
What is one failure in your career, how did you overcome it, and what lessons did you take away from it?
– In the labyrinth of my career, there was a moment that stands out—a failure that shook the very foundation of my aspirations. It was a project that did not go as planned, leaving me disheartened, frustrated, and questioning my abilities. But within that seemingly insurmountable setback, I discovered the seeds of my future success.
– Rather than succumbing to despair, I chose to view this failure as a stepping stone, an opportunity for growth. I began by accepting responsibility for my role in the outcome, acknowledging that mistakes are an inherent part of the learning process. With renewed determination, I charted a path to overcome the failure and emerge stronger than ever.
– Through this experience, I have learnt that failure requires adaptability. It forces us to re-evaluate our strategies, change course when necessary and embrace new opportunities. Adaptability is a powerful resource in an ever-changing landscape.
What is one business idea you’re willing to give away to our readers?
– Subscription box service for curated local products: Create a subscription-based business that delivers carefully curated products from local artisans and businesses, allowing customers to discover and support their community while enjoying a delightful surprise every month.
What is one piece of software that helps you be productive? How do you use it?
– Trello: Trello is a versatile project management tool that I use to bring all tasks, teammates, and tools together, this helps to keep everything in the same place even if your team isn’t, to get a clear view of who’s doing what and what needs to get done.
What is the best $100 you recently spent?
It wasn’t on a lavish luxury item or an extravagant experience. Instead, it was on a collection of small, meaningful moments that enriched my life in immeasurable ways.I spent $100 in experiences that created lasting memories and brought joy to my heart. I treated myself and my loved ones to a delightful picnic surrounded by nature’s beauty, complete with a basket filled with delicious homemade food, time seemed to stand still.
It is in these simple acts of togetherness that you realize the true essence of happiness lies not in material possessions, but in the quality of our relationships and the moments we create.
Do you have a favorite book or podcast from which you’ve received much value?
– “Atomic Habits” by James Clear: This book explores the power of small habits and how they can lead to significant personal and professional transformations. It provides practical strategies for building and maintaining positive habits, which have had a profound impact on my productivity and overall well-being. and opened up opportunities for career advancement.
What’s a movie or series you recently enjoyed and why?
Grimm: this is indeed a modern fairy tale in which good prevails over evil, but only after wrecking and constraining the characters to start from scratch. A TV series in which fantasy is used as a tool through which to delve not only into the human soul, but also into that of those who are only monsters in appearance, reminding us of the power of loyalty, friendship, and teamwork.
Steve (Stefan) Junge hails from Germany and helps with the day-to-day publishing of interviews on IdeaMensch. While he and Mario don’t share a favorite soccer club, their enthusiasm to help entrepreneurs is a shared passion.